The purpose of the Economic Futures Applied Knowledge Hub is to support applied economics teaching in secondary schools by providing accessible and relevant learning materials for students and teachers.
The resource contains relevant content from Unit 2 of the SQA Higher Economics Course: UK Economic Activity, specifically
- Scotland in the UK Economy
The resource also has learning materials for those interested in data analysis who are studying at either secondary or tertiary levels of education.
Each topic contains
- Summary Slides to introduce topics in an easy-read way.
- Interactive Graphs to get hands-on experience with current economic data.
- Learn Blocks relating to key areas of applied economics in Scotland and the UK. With explanations and exam-ready examples from a range of credible sources, including the Fraser of Allander Institute and Economics Observatory.
- Practice flashcards to boost understanding of key terms.
- External Resources from a range of credible sources.